DETECTING KIDNEY DAMAGE
ELEVATED UACR: AN EARLY SIGNAL OF KIDNEY DAMAGE AND CKD PROGRESSION1,2
INFLAMMATION AND FIBROSIS CAN CAUSE ALBUMINURIA, WHICH IS AN EARLY DETECTABLE MARKER OF KIDNEY DAMAGE1-3
UACR testing is used to detect kidney damage by measuring the ratio of albumin to creatinine in the urine1
Rising UACR levels are an indicator of worsening kidney damage and a predictor of more rapid CKD progression1
According to KDIGO, a UACR level above 300 mg/g is very high and warrants particular attention1
Regular UACR testing is encouraged to assess and identify CKD progression early1,4
Thank you for visiting our site. The questions you'll see throughout are completely voluntary.
The Burden of CKD in Patients with T2D
THE BURDEN OF CKD IN PATIENTS WITH T2D VIDEO
CKD: chronic kidney disease; eGFR: estimated glomerular filtration rate; KDIGO: Kidney Disease Improving Global Outcomes; T2D: type 2 diabetes; UACR: urine albumin-to-creatinine ratio.
- Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO) CKD Work Group. Kidney Int Suppl. 2013;3(1):1–150. Return to content
- Campion CG, et al. Can J Kidney Health Dis. 2017;4. doi:10.1177/2054358117705371. Return to content
- Thomas MC, et al. Nat Rev Dis Primers. 2015;1. doi:10.1038/nrdp.2015.18. Return to content
- Cosentino F, et al; ESC Scientific Document Group. Eur Heart J. 2020;41(2):255–323. Return to content
- ACR. National Kidney Foundation. Accessed January 12, 2021. https://www.kidney.org/kidneydisease/siemens_hcp_acr. Return to content