UACR + eGFR TESTING
eGFR TESTING ALONE MAY MISS EARLY SIGNS OF KIDNEY DAMAGE1-3
Even patients with normal eGFR are at increased risk of CKD progression if UACR levels are increased2
UACR is a more sensitive measure of early kidney damage, while eGFR is a more reliable indicator of later-stage loss of kidney function1,4
The KDIGO and EASD guidelines encourage physicians to test both eGFR and UACR at least once a year in patients with chronic kidney disease and type 2 diabetes2,3
Thank you for visiting our site. The questions you'll see throughout are completely voluntary.
CKD: chronic kidney disease; EASD: European Association for the Study of Diabetes; eGFR: estimated glomerular filtration rate; GFR: glomerular filtration rate; KDIGO: Kidney Disease Improving Global Outcomes; T2D: type 2 diabetes; UACR: urine albumin-to-creatinine ratio.
- Campion CG, et al. Can J Kidney Health Dis. 2017;4. doi:10.1177/2054358117705371. Return to content
- Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO) CKD Work Group. Kidney Int Suppl. 2013;3(1):1–150. Return to content
- Cosentino F, et al; ESC Scientific Document Group. Eur Heart J. 2020;41(2):255–323. Return to content
- ACR. National Kidney Foundation. Accessed January 12, 2021. https://www.kidney.org/kidneydisease/siemens_hcp_acr. Return to content
- Thomas MC, et al. Nat Rev Dis Primers. 2015;1. doi:10.1038/nrdp.2015.18. Return to content